At Elevate Audiology, we will take care of you even if you did not originally purchase your current hearing aids from us! We are here to help.
We understand how much you rely on your hearing aids each day. For this reason, we will do our best to service as many issues in the office as we can.
If it needs to go back to the factory for repair and it is under warranty, there are no additional fees if you have a service plan with us. If not, we will let you know your costs up-front.
Is the hearing aid out of manufacturer warranty? We can provide you a quote for repair charges and corresponding professional services required to getting it back in tip top shape. Depending on the age and results of electroacoustic analysis testing, we will even let you know if a repair is the best decision for your device.
Troubleshooting Your Hearing Aids
If your hearing aids aren’t working properly, try the following techniques for a quick fix.
- If there is no sound:
- Make sure the battery is inserted correctly.
- Replace the battery if you suspect it is dead or weak.
- Remove excess earwax from earmold or replace wax guard.
- Check tubing for wax buildup or moisture; clean with blower tool.
- Make sure hearing aid isn’t accidentally set to telecoil mode.
- If you are experiencing feedback or whistling:
- Remove and reinsert your hearing aids.
- Turn down the volume.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking or covering your hearing aids.
- Have your doctor check your ears for excess wax and remove if necessary.
- If the sound is weak or distorted:
- The battery may be dead or weak; replace it.
- Open the battery compartment and clean the contacts with a dry cloth.
- Clean the earmold or tubing with wax removal tools; replace wax guard.
What Can I Expect to Pay for a Hearing Aid Repair?
The cost of having your hearing aids repaired depends on a number of factors. We must determine the following:
- Whether your hearing aids are under warranty (basic or extended)
- The extent of damage- can this be repaired in the office or does it need to go into the manufacturer
- The price of replacement parts
- Service charges
Are you new to the area and need a new audiologist? We are happy to become your provider. We can maintain your hearing aids to protect your investment and communication abilities.
Periodic adjustments to your hearing aid settings, regular cleanings, quality control of your devices, and ongoing counseling are critical to your continued satisfaction and quality of life.
If you are not as successful as you had hoped with your devices, we are happy to take a second look to see if any changes can improve your experience. You may need an adjustment or even a custom earmold to allow proper access to sound given the physics of your ears. If you have never had the proper measurements, it is important we complete them while you are wearing your devices to get the best hearing possible. We will also discuss your test results to ensure we are setting realistic expectations.
Should I Buy a New Hearing Aid Instead?
Depending on the cost of repairs, you might be better off investing in a new pair of hearing aids in certain cases. If your current aids are more than five years old, consider an upgrade – technological advances mean today’s digital devices are more powerful and come packed with features for improved sound quality compared with those that are a few years older.
Likewise, if the damage is extensive or your hearing aids have already been repaired in the past, it may not be worth paying more money when you can purchase a brand new pair of hearing aids that should last you another five to seven years or longer.
The expert staff at Elevate Audiology is happy to evaluate your hearing aids and help you decide whether having them repaired makes the most financial sense. We service all makes and models and are here to provide you with assistance.
Call Elevate Audiology at (864) 442-5555 for more information or to schedule an appointment.